DIARY DATA ENTRY 6

Romance Is Rape By Seduction
 By Adam Shane Lawes

MY DIARY DIGITAL DATA ENTRY 6 OF 145

It is night again and I am back here hidden inside my hidden grave gap 'room'. Today I slept straight through the whole day, no doubt because I'd had hardly any sleep since I have been made homeless, and also because I have been working nights for the last nine years, until I was unfairly terminated from my job by my former store manager who is originally from India. Also for the first time since I have been made homeless, I have been hidden and had the chance to sleep without being worried about having to wake up and hide in the daylight when the cemetery is open. So earlier tonight, after I woke up, I went to the cemetery toilet, washed, shaved and then I went to the church charity meal van and got my daily-nightly meal, and then I came back here again, and I will now be wide awake for the rest of the night. So tonight I would like to write down what I did on that first day when I found out that I was homeless. Firstly when I found out that I had been both terminated from my job and also denied unemployment benefits because of my corrupt store manager who is originally from India, I felt like I was going to faint, and I just sat there with my head spinning. But I couldn't take sitting at home anymore stressing, so I came here to the peace and quiet and tranquility of Melbourne Cemetery, as I have always done when I have gotten too stressed whilst living here in Melbourne. And after sitting for a few hours I started to think about what I should do, and I realised that my first priority was obviously finding somewhere safe to stay while I am homeless. And I thought of trying homeless centres, but I didn't even know where any were, and it was too late for me to start looking. So then I realised that the cemetery would be the best place for me to stay for my first night of being homeless, and until I can sort out my circumstances and find somewhere to live. So unable to pay anymore rent, before I went and handed in my keys at the private rooming house where I had been renting a room - I went and sold all of my electrical goods, and with the money I went and bought a cut-throat razor and a mirror to shave with, a black waterproof sleeping bag, a black waterproof hooded coat, two pairs of black thermal wear, and a black beanie. I then shaved off the horrible corporate cut short shaped style of haircut that I'd had for too many years, since I'd unfortunately had to cut off all my long hair when I moved to Melbourne due to my former supermarket store manager's insistence and threat to my job. And I used the cut-throat razor that I had just bought to shave all my hair off to the scalp, so that I could finally get rid of that horrible corporate worker's style of haircut and not have to worry about walking around and living homeless with a messy unkept corporate worker's haircut. And I will use the black beanie to keep my head warm in the cold weather. After I had shaven my head to the scalp, I then went and put on one of my black suits - consisting of black trousers, the black thermal wear underneath, and a black pointed suit tail coat, and then my black military style boots, and then I put my other black suit, the cut-throat razor and mirror, and my Apple iPhone in my black waterproof bag. And then with my sleeping bag, black coat and bag of belongings, I handed in my key to my old room at the rooming house where I had been living, and I came here to Melbourne Cemetery for that first night of being made homeless.

© Copyright Adam Shane Lawes